These dinner rolls are amazing! I got this recipe from my mother in law and instantly fell in love with these rolls the first time I had them (I may have eaten 5 or 6 in one meal). After I had these rolls at her house a few times I went out and bought a bread maker just so that I would be able to make these at home, whenever I want them. Five years later, this is still the only thing that I have made in my bread maker (hopefully that will change soon because I want to try some new recipes).
If you have never made bread in a bread maker before, let me tell you, it is definitely worth your money to buy one! Not only is it ridiculously easy since you just throw all your ingredients in and let the machine do the mixing and kneading but, the bread is so soft! Like melt in your mouth soft.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1-2/3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients in your bread maker in the order listed above. The yeast will go on the very top and is not suppose to touch any liquid, so make sure it’s on the flour.
- Set your bread maker to the dough setting, start it and let it do all the work.
- When your dough is done, roll it into small, roll size balls (I make 20 rolls out of this recipe) and put them into a greased glass pan.
- Let sit for 15+ minutes so the dough rises.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Rub butter on the top of them when they are done cooking.
That’s it! Delicious dinner rolls that are extremely easy to make!
What is your favorite bread maker recipe? I’d love for you to share! I need some new ideas so my break maker can have a little variety.